I have gotten tons of conflicting advice on the Cosmic Trial.
“You should be able to do it with a few hundred Omega points”
“I tell people don’t try until at 3000 Omega points”
So I realized it was time to be much more methodical about passing this trial.
Currently, when I try it with Captain America, my best performances are killing Elektra eventually, and reaching Red Skull. The trial goes something like this :
Elektra Wave – Weak Hydras, followed by Power Brawlers, followed by Mechs, followed by Hulkbusters and finally Elektra and her bodyguard.
Elektra’s defeat moves you forward. Every so many seconds, Elektra puts a shield on herself and you have to defeat the bodyguard to bring it down.
Red Skull Wave is similar, except instead of a bodyguard per se, he has some huge Sentinel that protects him.
So how to defeat this ? Some information below. I appreciate any opinions :
- A roughly correct list of my character sheet.
- Use the Ultimate power to defeat Red Skull. You will not have the time to use it twice so save it for him. Cap has it at level 8.
- Failure is no longer from dying, but from running out of time. This suggests I need better offense.
- Omega powers help. Maxed out, in order, Warpath, Spin Tech, Melt Face. Future points into Frenzy, Sabertooth, and Dazzler, all on the Mutation tree.
- The best possible gear that I can attain given my playstyle is a question too. Pelt of the Sacred White Gorilla, and Fragment of Twilight, have not dropped for me. I don’t own a Industy City Signet, I think I sold them. All my uniques are “Cap Uniques”.
- I own two “Best In Slot” artifacts (GOTK, AINP), one “Good Alternative”, and Hyde’s Formula which is BIS if it has good rolls. Mine has absolutely awful rolls. I need to reroll it. Maybe I could buy the A.R.M.O.R. Supercharged Power Cell.
- All artifacts equipped have a blessing of Hela, which helped immensely.
- I probably should get a better costume core. +1000 to defense is very helpful though, I’m sure.
- Critical Hit Rating is 51.6%.
- Critical Damage Rating is 271%.
- Brutal Strike Rating is 49.7%.
- Brutal Damage Rating is 471%.
Currently at 3300 omegas, planning to try again at 4000 which would permit either maxing Frenzy, or getting Dazzler and Sabertooth.