I jagged slowly along and eventually last week got Captain America up to level 60. Yay ! I’ve hit the level cap in Marvel Heroes. So, now what ?
Well, it turns out there is an Omega System enhancement for your heroes. For us Everquest 1 veterans, this means “alternate achievements”. I don’t see where a limit on these has been imposed either. Omega points are account wide – so for all the heroes you have, you have that many Omega points, and your distribution of them can be whatever you want for whatever hero. Some branches that I have are locked until I complete certain challenges. It looks like you can build a super-duper powered hero.
Except – as noted in every post I’ve made about this – the stupid game is too easy. Even the Superheroic difficulty was not that difficult to pull a few mobs and slaughter everything. So I went ahead and did Midtown Madness on the “Cosmic” level available at level 60.
I got killed over and over again. I couldn’t pull a single monster – I always got groups of them. I stood for an hour at the Stark building entrance where you start, waiting for my health to regenerate and burning medipacks furiously. Eventually, I gave up. Clearly you need to be a tougher hero than I am to get this stuff working, or play in a party.
So. Armed with a level 60 hero, and needing Omega points, I now need to figure out gameplay mechanics that I’ve ignored until now.
- Crafting. Can I make uru-forged armor ? And craft it ? How do I figure out what runes to get. You can’t just store things in this game, you have to pursue what you need. And this also assumes crafting isn’t broken, still.
- Uniques. Are there things that are better equipment than uniques ? I have all level 63ish uniques already. Apparently 66 uniques exist.
- Costumes. I think level 60 heroes can make more costumes. It would be fun to do that.
- Legendary items. I don’t have any, and I don’t know how to get some.
- Team Up Heroes. I got a free Iron Man for logging in today. He seems to help some. I wonder if I need more, and/or if they’re available for free.
If nothing else, there’s a whole list of achievements to pursue so I’m sure I’ve got things to do for the moment.
And then there’s Hulk. I started running him through the Midtown Madness again and he’s a blast. It’s all about jumping and AOE effects with him, and I’m enjoying it a lot. Made it to level 33 very quickly, with a lot of playtime, and plan to move him up to level 60 next. I have Cyclops as well, at a mere level 8, and can play him at some point.
And all of this without paying a penny. What a nice age of gaming we’re living in.