Quite a few odds and ends happening with World of Tanks.
- Wargaming uses Playspan, which is some type of additional payment system. I use credit cards and am not interested in this, thank goodness. Playspan suffered a security breach and all World of Tanks users that use Playspan are being urged to change their passwords.
- Want to change your nickname ? I got mine changed from the ridiculous “Handell” to my official nom de cyber “MrrX”. Apparently, going forward you will need 2,500 gold (About $14) in order to accomplish this. Be careful when you create that nickname kids ! With a free to play game, I’m finding it hard to be outraged, but I am a little disappointed.
- The weekend special is named the “Medium Medley” and contains a very fetching surprise : I will have the ability to buy the VK3002DB at 50% off! From memory I think this saves 650,000 credits which is huge. And since buying it was the plan anyway this is great news. I could be running this plus the Easy 8 for 70% extra credits all weekend.
- Via Reddit, news comes of proposed 8.1 patch notes. My favorite : Prohorovka assault is being removed. With that change, I will feel better about playing it and hoping for no games with Malinovka except for the standard battle. The encounter is a constant draw, and the assault seems to yield a one-sided battle every time.
- 8.1 also might allow the purchase of premium rounds via credit purchase instead of gold. Reddit can’t shut up about this one, but I’m not too concerned one way or another.