After finally making 6,000 matches in World of Tanks, I played another dozen and decided I needed to take a break. My premium account is only active a few more days, and the family is complaining. I can play games, that’s not a problem, but games that you can’t pause in the middle of can be a problem. So I finally logged in and really played EQ2 once again.
It is absolutely amazing how quickly I was gaining levels and AA’s. Just wander around, whack green mobs, and watch that XP bar skyrocket forward ! I used to get all excited about getting a massive 10% gain in XP. I think this progression is better, I have a much better chance of having my interest held. I am aware that it was double XP weekend, but still, it was insane.
And killing the mobs is much easier. There’s apparently two factors to that – first, the combat has been eased up. It’s not so flaming hard to kill anything, which allows more solo play. That’s realistically the way I have always played anyway so I am liking this change. And second, they have apparently done something to the Mystic class as the in-game chatter is “Mystic is a DPS class”. How strange is that ? Tezcatlipocca has gone from killing grey mobs and having them be deadly fights, to a guy who may be able to take on heroics. Now, I haven’t tried that yet, but it sounds like I should.
I have a quest journal filled with half-completed quests all over the gameworld, and I’d like to try and finish more of them. If nothing else I can count the number of them completed as per the quest journal (1899). Didn’t manage to do any so far. Instead I had Tez and Hue out killing in the gameworld, harvesting items, and tradeskilled Tez up to 48 alchemist.
Things I have discovered :
- My account from years ago has many expansions added to it free. I need to buy Destiny of Velious and Age of Discovery to be up to date. I think that’s 6,000 station cash – too bad I missed the triple cash event.
- Everybody’s talking about making dungeons and collecting marks. I might check that out someday. I suspect they are all set up for level 90’s so I haven’t looked at this yet.
- There’s apparently a way to make youtube videos. I’ll have to try that, if I can remember how to minimize the interface.
- eq2.fluffy.dk is still active. You rock Fluffy. Might go through and update all my quests there.
- You can get 250 AA without the latest expansion, and 300 AA with it. Seems to make sense for me to continue filling out AA and not level my characters; Tezcatlipocca has 95 and there are more I would like.
- Potions stack to 100 ! They might actually be useful. I have a group of T4 potions that I’ll have to use and see how they go.
- Harvests stack to 200.
- It is apparently still forbidden to buy plat. Now that the Bazaar is Freeport, seems you can’t buy plat from other players either.
- Players have tons of plat; as I monitored the auction channel, things kept selling for 100 – 300 ish plat. My hoard of 225 plat seems tiny.
- Many collection quests were added to Lavastorm. Have started several. One also added to Everfrost.
I need to learn about the following items :
- 100cm, 150cm – what is cm? Sounds like the pregnant woman is dilating !
- There’s a little box on my items. Is this for adornments ? I don’t know how to acquire these things either.
- Mercenaries. Something like NPC’s that fight with you. Wonder where I get them ?
- Zone map. I feel like I’m missing a lot of zones. I can click the world icon on the Qeynos Harbor and many places are available. I should try the spires in Antonica again as well. Is there another zoning method ?